Almost 50-60% of children have asthma-like symptoms such as coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath in preschool period. However, these complaints disappear as a large part of these children grow up. In particular, children who do not have asthma, have no allergies, and have no complaints when they are not sick do not have asthma when they grow up.
Swim best medicine
Swimming provides increased lung capacity and improved breathing techniques in asthmatic patients. In the researches; It has been observed that asthma children who use their medication regularly and attend regular swimming lessons have decreased their symptoms, hospitalization needs and emergency room visits. It has been found that the number of days when asthmatic children who regularly float cannot go to school decreased.
Do not use drugs unnecessarily
The most important advice we can give to families; fever or pain affects the general condition of the child significantly and is really used if there is a need. If the child does not really need medicine; avoid giving even the simplest, most harmless medicines you think.
Does paracetamol cause asthma?
Some studies suggest that maternal use of paracetamol during pregnancy or the widespread use of paracetamol-containing drugs in early childhood may be associated with the development of asthma in children. However, the relationship between paracetamol use and asthma is not a simple coexistence or is it possible to say with certainty if paracetamol really causes asthma?
Do not expect miraculous effect from nature
Herbal mixtures used for the treatment of asthma can trigger life-threatening diseases. For example; ing Gingko biloba bulunan, which is found in many herbal medicines and is known in our country by names such as silver apricot, elephant ear, girl's hair, can cause bleeding especially in people who are taking other blood-thinning treatments. Licorice can increase blood pressure; there are also publications suggesting that the use of ephedra (sea currant), which is included in many herbal remedies and expands the trachea, causes some unexpected deaths.
To cope with asthma…
· In order to get rid of domestic allergen house dust, it is important to clean your house well, sweep it frequently and then ventilate it well.
· Antiallergic mattress, pillows and covers can be used
· The most effective way to reduce the level of house dust to zero is to wash all washable bedding material with hot water (> 55 C).
· Pay attention to the cleaning materials you use. Pressure chemical irritants can also increase asthma symptoms in children
· In the first 6 months, only breast milk should be given, and solid foods should be started after 6 months.
· Cow's milk-egg white and soy foods should not be started before the age of 1 in children with a family history of allergic diseases.
· Foods such as seafood and peanuts should also be avoided before the age of 1 year.
· The baby should not be exposed to cigarette smoke. Smoking exposure alone is an important risk factor for the development of asthma.