Adequate and balanced nutrition during pregnancy
Hello! As the first step “Adequate and balanced nutrition What is? ım Let's start by learning. Adequate nutrition means that we complete the energy and nutrients our body needs with our daily diet. On the other hand, balanced nutrition is an expression that explains how to supply the energy and nutrients our body needs from different food groups.
“Four Leaf Clover Model”
Clover shown in heart format symbolizes luck, happiness. This situation, The importance of heart health and love Tell. Under the circle surrounding the leaves are the words “Adequate and Balanced Nutrition, and in the upper half there are olive branches. Olive branches, both peace and olive oil symbolize.
Food Groups in Leaves of Clover:
- Top sheets: Milk and milk products It is shown. The Turkish people (especially children at risk, pregnant women, lactating mothers, those who consume excess fatty foods in their diets) consume this group very little and are shown as top sheets to emphasize the importance of the group. When the groups are expressed in prose, the number one group is always referred to as milk and products.
- Right leaf: In the second group meat, eggs and legumes is located.
- Bottom sheet: In the third group vegetables and fruits There.
- Left leaf:In the fourth group bread and cereals is located.
I wanted you to know the definitions of adequate and balanced nutrition that you can hear from the first month of pregnancy. During this period, the nutrition of the expectant mother should be sufficient to meet the needs of the mother and the developing fetus and also to provide lactation after pregnancy.
In this period, fear of gaining weight in the diet is one of the biggest mistakes. Four Leaf Clover Pattern should you always have a guide?
How to Gain Weight in Pregnancy?
We have come to the section that you are all eagerly waiting for, you will find all the question marks in your mind in this section?
Kaç How much weight should I gain during pregnancy? ”
First of all, I will ask you to make a simple and small calculation.
- First, split your weight.
- You have to divide the number again into your height.
For example; suppose your weight is 60 and your height is 1.65. First we made 60 / 1.65 and the result is 36, now we divide the number we find again. 36 / 1.65 and the result is 22. So what is the value we find and what does it mean? We'il find out now.
Body Mass Index (BMI)
In short, your weight, your height is the square of your division. With the result you can see whether you are in the ideal weight or you can see how you are.
What Does Our Results Mean?
If you are under 18.5: Weak
If you are between 18.5 and 25.00: Normal
If you are between 25.00 and 30.00: Lightweight
If you are between 30.00 and 35.00 1st Degree: Overweight-Obese
2nd Degree between 35.00 and 40.00: Overweight-Obese
40.00 and After Level 3: Overweight-Obese
If your BMI is 18.5 and below:
your weak means. More weight gain is quite normal in poorly initiated pregnancies. Therefore;It is normal to take up to 13-16.5 kg during pregnancy.
However, it is of great importance that these weights are taken in addition to adequate and balanced nutrition and being taken slowly.
If your BMI is between 18.5-25.00:
Normal weight.For this interval should be taken during pregnancy weight 9-14 kg'Dr.
BMI is a practical calculation. Although body mass index is within normal limits, we may have mothers who have high fat rates. Our mothers with high fat ratios can lose weight with a limited and non-uniform adequate and balanced diet for the first 3 months. Weight can be started at the end of the third month.
Vomiting, loss of appetite, nausea and weight loss may occur during the first trimester of pregnancy. Weight loss in the first three months does not adversely affect the baby.
If your BMI is between 25.00-30.00:
Lightweight class. During pregnancyYou only need to take 7.5-12.5 kg. In the first trimester, some weight can be lost with an adequate and balanced diet. Weight gain can be started gradually from the third month of pregnancy.
If your BMI is over 30.00:
Overweight-Obeseclass. During pregnancy6-10 kg is enough. It is essential to lose weight with an adequate and balanced diet in the first three months.We can generalize this situation as 300-400 grams per week, 1.2-1.6 kg per month and 9-14 kg in total.
Nutrition Advice in the First Month of Pregnancy
Dear mothers, you are at the beginning of your pregnancy geçirmek It is up to you to have a healthy pregnancy. First of all, I ask you to review your diet. To control your weight during pregnancy, take your paper pen and note what you have done wrong, and scribble it with a big line imiz
You can review our article on nutrition recommendations during pregnancy.
Nutritional advice during pregnancy: // www. / Pregnancy-eras in the nutrition /
Just as you feed, your baby will feed the same way. Remember, the baby feeds on the mother. The baby meets all of its needs from the mother through the placenta. The first trimester is very important for baby development, and the most important bricks of your baby's development begin to be gradually introduced. Therefore, your nutrition is already on a very important shelf.
With the advice and advice of your doctor Folic acid or continue using it. Click the link below to review our folic acid article!
Folic acid and its importance; // www. / Pregnancy-done in-folic-acid-and-onemi
You can find the answers to all your questions about nutrition during pregnancy in the video below on ebebek Facebook, Youtube.
What should be eaten during the 1st month of pregnancy?
- During pregnancy constipation is a common problem. The way to deal with this problem is to choose fiber foods. You can consume apples in your snacks. Apples are a good source of fiber.
- SpinachContains iron, vitamin C and folic acid to help protect your baby's spine from developing. Spinach also helps mothers to cope with infections.
- Milk and milk products during pregnancy is very important. Contains minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium and potassium. It contains vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B12 and vitamin B2. For this reason, during pregnancy, next to your main meals yogurt, buttermilk or tzatziki You must add. In your snacks, you can consume probiotic sources such as kefir especially from the milk group.
- During pregnancy I get weight You should not remove carbohydrates from your daily diet for fear. You should prefer complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Choose whole grain products.
What should be considered in the first months of pregnancy?
You can take the first step by trying to get rid of your bad habits such as junk-food consumption, smoking and alcohol.
All herbal teas you drink, including green tea, high caffeine Because you need to leave. Black tea and coffee the amount as much as possible. Black tea, light and lemon consumption is useful. Consuming black tea together with meals can adversely affect iron absorption.
Imagine your baby lives in a place full of water. In a day drink at least 10-12 glasses of water you should take care.
Then I will ask you to organize your meals and times. You should make 3 main meals during the day and support them with snacks. For example, if you have a nutritious breakfast, such as 09.00 in the morning, make a tiny snack like 11.00. can balance blood sugar, can avoid sweet crises. Then it's lunch time around 1pm. Between lunch and dinner there is a long hunger period of 5-6 hours. During this period, you can have two snacks, one as 15.00 and the other as 16.30. You should have dinner at the latest such as 18.30-19.00. Two hours before going to bed at night must be a snack.Planning your diet this way in the first months of pregnancy will help you for the following months.
You can leave your questions as comments below the article, stay with love 🙂
Nutritionist Beyza Uyan